Monday, January 16, 2012

Nature's Spring Trends

As I sit here I look at what is next.  Spring?

I have been asked by many, "What is the hot topic for spring?"

Scratching my head I think about that question...
1- Who will the republicans get to run against Obama...no.
2- Pantone's color for the year "Tangerine Tango"....  Oh, by the way, is that not just another name for orange?  I'm just saying.

Do you really want my thoughts on what to look for in spring?

I see...
1- Cascaded bouquets for brides.
2- A natural trend developing (twigs, moss, blooming branches) set in a very natural setting.
I think we are moving into a natural way of thinking of design.  Don't get me wrong, the vase and ceramic container is not out, but merely a vessel to support an artfully placed branch.

Texture is very important in 2012.  The exposed wood grain, aged manzanita, petals of a flower, and seed pods to name a few examples.  The ideas are endless, and a natural hand is what we are craving.  Our eyes, minds, and hands are reaching out for the natural.

Simply put, texture and flowers go hand in hand.  It is like chocolate for our minds.  I challenge all of my friends to use a natural element this spring in all of your designs and sit back and watch all the attention it will get.

Nature is back for the spring.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gerry--thanks for blogging! Great to see what you're up to and hearing your predictions. Natural elements are always my favorite. I ordered some moss from you a while back. It's fabulous and I love working with it. see ya around the blog and fb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly! Texture/natural always go hand in hand, the branches,lichens, and exposed roots are simply the essence of natural. For me, even with the Tango Orange Mania thing, I still need those eye popping, complimentary colors. I love the deep purples and limey greens to enhance the orange hues that says,LOOK AT ME! Green Amaranthus and dark oranges/purple/ pinks oh yea, I'm alive:) I also have quite a few brides requesting cascade bouquets this year.Oddly enough in the last 2 weeks I had a few brides looking at the PASTELS pinks and even a couple monochromatic bouquets? Hmm...Anyways...Thanks for the blog-love Gerry!
    I enjoy reading and seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete